Over the last 12 months I have implemented into my life a completely new, fitness regime as a fun experiment.
I was sitting today and reflecting on my progress, the struggles I have had to achieve my goals and what has and hasn't been working for me.
It occurred to me that there are some key principles I have been loosely following to keep myself on track that I have never really put into a written list before that might be of value for anyone
chasing their own goals, be it fitness, business or sport.
Here is my list below in no particular order....
1) Things never go as you expect. Expect the unexpected, be adaptable and flexible. The more set in your ways you become, the more life becomes a struggle.
2) Creating a routine and structure can be tough even painful but once you establish a habit around routine, things becomes much easier.
3) Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. Don’t over celebrate victories or be overly tough on yourself when things don’t go to plan.
4) Don’t make big decisions based on fear as you are usually lead down the wrong path.
5) You control how you feel, it is important to own this.
6) Have fun and have a laugh, when you lose that from your life everything seems a bigger struggle.
7) It is good to make mistakes as long as you then learn from them.
8) There is only one you, you are an original, embrace it and don’t be in a hurry to change yourself for anyone.
9) Underpinning it all you must have a purpose that is driving you, supported by long term goals and short term targets, Otherwise you send yourself in constant circles without a clear direction.
Would love to know what you would have on your list?
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!